Environmental Attorney and Amphibian Activist Talk Issues on Techno Granny Radio
Two weeks ago I was asked to talk about environmental issues on the Techno Granny’s radio show along with Tamar Cerafici, an environmental attorney based in New Hampshire. This show covered many topics under the title “10 Plus Technologies that will help you go green and conserve the environment.”
Some things we discussed:
- Why frogs are threatened with extinction and the number of issues they’re facing
- How industries such as paper mills are polluting the water which is affecting frogs and possibly humans
- Why we should always use FSC (Forestry Stewardship Council) certified paper
- Can technology really help you go green? Can an attorney really be an environmental advocate?
- Working in the cloud and how this technology is saving the environment, such as Dropbox, Google docs, iCloud and Evernote, because you can use and access from anywhere
- How to have a paperless office and how courtrooms are embracing this new technology
11/4/2013 – Link to Techno Granny Radio Show – Environmental Attorney, 1 Activist, 10 Green Technologies
Tomorrow morning (11.18.2013) we will meet for round 2! Tamar and I will join the broadcast again at 10 am EST, after the Techno Granny (Joanne Quinn-Smith) received so many comments asking us to talk about additional topics.
Some of the topics to be discussed:
- The effect pesticides have on the environment (pollution): water, animals, soil, humans
- Atrazine: The 21st Century’s DDT (Roundup)
- Chlorothalonil is the most commonly used synthetic fungicide in the USA, commonly applied to peanuts, tomatoes and potatoes. (what are we eating?)
- Alternatives to using Pesticides, Green Farming?
- Organizations talking about this and trying to spread awareness. (Save the Frogs, National Pesticide Information Center, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Environmental Protection Agency and Frogs Are Green)
Resources for more information: